The AceBackup archiving and backup tool helps you to store your confidential data in a safe way.One of the most significant features of AceBackup is the ability to store files on FTP servers, as well as on local storage devices (hard drives, floppies, ZIP, JAZZ or MO disks, LAN folders, or any other writable devices). The user interface is easy to use, and you can store and restore files as in the Windows Explorer.The program supports two project types: AceBackup archive and AceBackup backup. Working with the first one is similar to working with .ZIP, CD-R, DVD-R, .ARJ, or .CAB files, the only difference is, that AceBackup archive data can be encrypted and stored on a FTP server.The second project type helps you to create structured backups of selected folders or drives in order to protect your files from accidental data loss.AceBackup implements several strong encryption algorithms to hold your data securely. If you decide to store your archive (backup) on a remote FTP server, nobody can access its internal data during direct transfers on the server.AceBackup backup projects can be scheduled to run regularly to keep your data up to date. The program scans all local folders of the project and, if it detects new or changed files, they are processed automatically. AceBackup supports a number of versions for storing and restoring files.Restoring files of an AceBackup project is very easy. The target can be either the original or any other location. AceBackup is a secure data backup tool that store files on FTP servers.A unique feature of AceBackup is the ability to store files on FTP servers, as well as on local storage devices.
Website : http://www.acebit.com
Website for Download : http://www.acebackup.com/download.htm
System : Windows 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / 2003 / XP / VISTA
2.Allway Sync 9.2.15 Free
Allway Sync is free file and folder synchronization software for Windows. Allway Sync will use innovative synchronization algorithms to rapidly and easily synchronize your data between laptops, desktop PCs, USB drives and more. Allway Sync combines bulletproof reliability with an extremely easy-to-use interface. The portable version of the synchronizer has the name Allway Sync 'n' Go and is intended for installation to removable devices only (Allway Sync and Go for U3 is available too). Allway Sync 'n' Go can be carried in a pocket.
.Allway Sync 'n' Go runs from USB disk.
.No installation to the client computer required.
.Works even if software installs are prohibited.
.When USB disk is pulled out, Allway Sync 'n' Go detaches from the computer.
Website : http://allwaysync.com
Website Download : http://allwaysync.com/download/allwaysync-10-0-5.exe
System : Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7
Size: 5856 Kb
3.BackUp Maker Standard Edition
BackUp Maker will help you to get an easy to use and complex backup system at the same time.The application offers several wizards and assistents to support you on defining backup jobs for your personal needs.BackUp Maker creates backup archives in PkZip standard - you can restore all your saved data using well-known Zip tools (e.g. WinZip, WinACE).
BackUp Maker offers different types of backups increasing your flexibility:
Creates a backup of all your data at one time.
Instant and time oriented backup creation of all your defined data.
Restore your data without the need of other software.
PkZip compatibility enables you to create disc spanned backups with high compression of your data.
Note: Free for personal, non-commercial use only.
Here are some key features of "BackUp Maker Standard Edition":
· File browser for restore
· Remind later again
· FTP backups with backup instances
· Optimized split sizes
· Optimized restore (speed)
Website : http://www.ascomp.de/
Website Download : http://www.ascomp.de/index.php?php=prog&page=download&prog=backupmaker
Systems: 2000 / XP / 2003/ Vista / 2008 / Win7
4.Cobian Backup 220.127.116.11
Cobian Backup is a multi-threaded program that can be used to schedule and backup your files and directories from their original location to other directories/drives in the same computer or other computer in your network. FTP backup is also supported.
Cobian Backup supports several methods of compression and strong encryption. Cobian Backup exists in two different versions: application and service. The program uses very few resources and can be running on the background on your system, checking your backup schedule and executing your backups when necessary.
Cobian Backup is not an usual backup application: it only copies your files and folders in original or compressed mode to other destination, creating a security copy as a result. So Cobian Backup can be better described as a "Scheduler for security copies".
Here are some key features of "Cobian Backup":
· Zip64 for zip files larger than 2 GB
· Strong encryption: Supported methods are Blowfish (128 bit), Rijndael (128 bit) and DES (64 bit)
· An open plugin architecture to allow the program's enhancement
· 3 different methods to copy files, if the main method fails, 2 more methods will be used.
· The interprocess communication can be done using TCP/IP. This allows a better communication between the program parts AND the program can be administrated from another machine anywhere in the world.
· Backup to multiple destinations
· A backup history is displayed
· Zip files can now be split
· Remote backup
· Automatically remove old backups
· The application can be used as a command line utility. No separate command line program is needed.
Website : http://www.cobiansoft.com/
Website Download : http://www.cobiansoft.com/programz/cbSetup.exe
System : Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista
Version : 18.104.22.168
5.Comodo BackUp 22.214.171.1247
Comodo BackUp is the straightforward and powerful application that will allow you to quickly and easily create backup copies of critical files. Free of charge, its features include complete file and folder duplication to local/ network drives and FTP servers, intelligent incremental backups, e-mail reporting, extensive report logs, real time back ups with 'synchronization' mode, advanced rule-based filtering, flexible scheduling of backups, space-saving archiving capabilities, and more.Suitable for both beginners and network administrators alike, Comodo BackUp can be set to run on Windows startup and/or as a Windows service.We all know that making regular backups is a good idea - you'd do it if you knew where to begin, right? Comodo BackUp makes it easy to be safe and secure by reducing the usually complex task of backup configuration to a few clicks of the mouse. Anyone may use this software for an Evaluation Period of 30 days from the date you first install the Software on a royalty-free basis. Following this evaluation period of 30 days or less, if you wish to continue to use Comodo BackUp, you MUST register and activate your license to the Software. Activation will license the Software for ever at no cost to the user. If you do not activate your license to the Software prior to the expiration of the Evaluation Period, the Software will retain full functionality and operability. Here are some key features of "Comodo BackUp": · Easily backup files or folders anywhere on your computer, network, CD-RW or FTP server · Protect yourself against ever losing those critical files that took hours to create · Schedule backups to run automatically at a time that suits you · Synchronized backups - you save a file and it gets copied instantly · Send E-mail notifications to team members about the status of a backup job · Save Disk space by compressing your backups as ZIP files · Configure in minutes with our intuitive interface.
Website : http://www.comodo.com/
Website Download : http://download.comodo.com/cbu/download/setups/CB_2.2.127000.12_Setup_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7.exe
System : XP, 2000, 2003, 2008, Vista and Windows 7
6.Cucku Backup 1.21
Cucku Backup is a free and easy way for you to protect all of your data.We all know we should back up our data but few of us actually do it. When we do backup, it is usually to an external hard drive, CD or DVD. It is easy to lose a CD or DVD, and an external hard drive is just as likely to be stolen or damaged along with your PC.
The only real way to protect your data is to store it offsite.
Cucku backs up your files first to an alternative hard drive on your PC, and then sends an encrypted copy to your trusted backup partner. The copy of your data is stored in the unused space on the hard drive of your friend's PC.Cucku Backup has been designed with ease of use in mind. It is easy to setup and completely automated. Cucku knows how to detect the files and folders that should be included in a backup and selects the best location to store backups.Cucku keeps all versions of files that it has backed up. You can restore a specific version of an individual file or all versions of files prior to a particular date and time. Therefore, if you accidentally modify a file, back it up then regret the change, you will be able to still restore the previous version of your file.Backup is only part of the story. When it comes to restore, many online services will only allow you to restore over the Internet. Cucku's local backup means that you can restore files without delay from a local copy. Even better, if the worst happens and your PC is damaged, lost or stolen, you can restore your files from your partner. If you have a lot of data to restore invite your partner over for dinner, with their computer of course, and quickly restore over your home network. You can't do that with a datacenter!
Here are some key features of "Cucku Backup":
Automated, Off-site Backup:
· Cucku first makes a local backup. In most cases if you accidentally delete a file or folder or your hard drive dies you can restore them from the Cucku local backup. Cucku then automatically creates and sends an encrypted copy offsite to your backup partner for safekeeping.
· This is a big thing. Any backup that relies on remembering to burn a DVD, or push a button on the front of your external drive-or in any way requires human interaction-is a recipe for eventual disaster.
Ease of Use:
· We know it. Backup software configuration and scheduling is often a real hassle for most people. Cucku automatically figures out what to backup including email, bookmarks, open files, and other vital files you could overlook. Cucku automatically selects which files to backup and chooses the best place to store backups. Of course, you can always fine-tune every aspect of your backup.
· Cucku users actually get two backups. The first is a local backup. In most cases that is all you'll need to restore files quickly and easily. The second backup is the one that goes to your backup partner. If the worst happens you know you have a safe copy elsewhere.
· Knowing that your files are backed up offsite with someone you know is a great feeling. Encrypted copies automatically sent to a trusted location means that you're always covered.
Website : http://www.cucku.com/
Website Download : http://www.cucku.com/download/setupcuckubackup.exe
System : Windows 7 / Vista / XP
Version : 2.10 (6.3mb)
An Open source backup solution supporting incremental backups, one-click restore options, task scheduling and email notifications. Some advanced options include ssh tunneling and connecting to rsync daemons.
It makes use of a server client system. One or multiple backup servers can be created on computers running Windows by installing the server version on these computer systems. The client will be installed on the any computer system where files should be backed up regularly.
The backup software supports authentication, scheduling and connection by IP or hostname.
Website : http://www.synametrics.com/
Website Download : http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopyDownloadInstaller.jsp
System : XP, 2000, 2003, 2008, Vista and Windows 7.
8.DriveImage XML 2.02
DriveImage XML is an easy to use and reliable application for imaging and backing up partitions and logical drives.
Image creation uses Microsoft's Volume Shadow Services (VSS), allowing you to create safe "hot images" even from drives currently in use. Images are stored in XML files, allowing you to process them with 3rd party tools. Never again be stuck with a useless backup! Restore images to drives without having to reboot.
The program will backup, image and restore drives formatted with FAT 12, 16, 32 and NTFS.
Website : http://www.runtime.org/
Website Download : http://www.runtime.org/dixmlsetup.exe
System : Windows XP, Server 2003 or Vista
9.Personal Backup 5.0
Personal-Backup is a program to save personal data to any destination folder. This folder may be located on a local fixed or removable drive, on a windows network server or on a FTP server. It runs under Windows 98SE/ME, Windows NT4/2000/XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003/2008 and Windows 7. The program configuration is stored for each user individually.
You can configure and store as many backup tasks as you want. The selecting of the file sto backup is made on folder basis. All subfolders are included automatically. But the user can exclude any subdirectories from backup by selection or by filter. Additional criteria are the selection by file types, file age and/or file name filter.
At the destination folder the original drives (C:, D:, etc.) look like subdirectories named LwC, LwD, etc. The original directory structure remains unchanged beneath these folders. All files may be compressed using GZip or in total or separated by subfolders as Zip files. Optionally alls data can be encrypted by the AES algorithm.
Performing the backup can be done manually or automatically. During the backup the programm checks wether the file to be saved is newer than the backupped file or not. Only files with newer timestamps are saved. An alternate criteria is the archive bit of the files.
The automatic backup is started on login, at a selectable time of day, on logout or on shutdown (not under Vista). You can make a scheduled backup with dayly or weekly changing destination paths.
For individual schedules it is easy to start a backup using the windows task scheduler using the comman line options of the program.
Note: Personal Backup should not be used to save and restore system files.
Website : http://personal-backup.rathlev-home.de
Website Download : http://personal-backup.rathlev-home.de/download/pb-setup-4.5.0205.exe
System : Windows 98SE/ME, NT4/2000/XP, Vista, 2003/2008, Windows 7
SyncToy is an easy to use, customizable utility that will help you move, copy, rename and delete files between computers and folders.
There are new sources of files coming from every direction: digital cameras, e-mail, cell phones, portable media players, camcorders, PDAs, and laptops. Increasingly, computer users are using different folders, drives, and even different computers (such as a laptop and a desktop) to store and retrieve files. Yet managing hundreds or thousands of files is still largely a manual operation.
SyncToy can manage multiple sets of folders at the same time; it can combine files from two folders in one case, and mimic renames and deletes in another. Unlike other applications, SyncToy actually keeps track of renames to files and will make sure those changes get carried over to the synchronized folder.
Here are some key features of "SyncToy":
· Dynamic Drive Letter Assignment: Drive letter reassignment will now be detected and updated in the folder pair definition.
· True Folder Sync: Folder creates, renames and deletes are now synchronized for all SyncToy actions.
· Exclusion Filtering Based on Name: File exclusion based on name with exact or fuzzy matching.
· Filtering Based on File Attributes: The ability to exclude files based on one or more file attributes (Read-Only, System, Hidden).
· Unattended Folder Pair Execution: Addressed issues related to running scheduled folder pairs while logged off.
· Folder Pairs With Shared Endpoints: Ability for folder pairs associated with the same or different instances of SyncToy to share end-points.
· Command line enhancements: Added the ability to manage folder pairs via the command line interface.
· The SyncToy engine has been rearchitected to provide scalability and the ability to add significant enhancements in future releases.
· Sync engine is also more robust insomuch that many single, file level errors are skipped without affecting the entire sync operation.
· Sync Encrypted Files: Sync of Encrypted files works when local folder and files are encrypted, which addresses the common scenario involving sync between local, encrypted laptop PC folder and remote, unencrypted desktop PC folder.
· 64-Bit compatibility
· Folder pair rename
· Sub-folder Exclusion Enhancements: Descendents creates under excluded sub-folders are automatically excluded.
· Folder Pair Metadata Moved: Folder pair metadata removed from MyDocuments to resolve any issues with server-based folder pair re-direction setup.
· Removed combine and subscribe actions.
Website : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
· Microsoft .NET Frameworks 1.1 or above
· 1GHz Intel P3 processor or equivalent
· 256MB RAM
. All Windows
Download here : SyncToy
Blogged with the Flock Browser